What is the Magic Voice Service?
The Magic Voice Service allows you to make calls to local Digicel numbers and other mobile networks with the voice or background noise being altered.
For example, if you are a female, you can use the Magic Voice service to change your voice to sound like a male (and vice versa) on your call to a local on-net number.
You can also use the Magic Voice service to make your background sound like you are in traffic or at Football match.
How does the Magic Voice Service work?
- Once you confirm your subscription of the service, you will be charged $20 for the subscription fee.
- Once subscription is successful, you will be advised on the dialing format 132xxxxxxx to access the Magic Voice service.
- If you attempt to subscribe for the service with insufficient credit, the subscription will fail and the IVR will advise you to top up to ensure the required amount is on the account to subscribe for the service.
- You will start incurring charges for your call once the call is connected to the other party. Calls made using the magic voice service will deduct from your main balance or bonus credit which is applicable.
Note calls to Magic Voice IVR (132) are free.
How do I use the Magic Voice Service on a call?
- Once you connect to the IVR, you will be prompted to choose your voice or background noise or both background noise and voice. When you select your option, the call will then be routed to the B party (number you are calling). You may return to your regular voice by selecting “0” at any time during the call.
- When the call is connect to the B party, you will start to incur charges at your current rate plan rates.
- You will have the option to change your voice and background noise to normal while on the call or change to another voice or background noise.
- You will be able to use the Magic Voice service for calls made to off- net numbers.
- When making calls using the Magic Voice service, you will not be able to hide your caller ID.
- If you call B party with Magic Voice and the call goes to voicemail, you will have the option to end the call or leave a message using the Magic Voice.
- If you call B party with Magic Voice and B party is unavailable due to barring, then you will receive the relevant ID announcement.
How can callers change their voice to other voices while speaking to their friend?
During the call, you are required to press ‘1’, ‘2’ or ‘3’ to change your voice to other available options
What voices/background can I change to while using the Magic Voice service on a call?
Please see below for Voice/Background options:
What is the cost to register?
The Magic Voice service will have a daily subscription fee of $20.
Do I need a special handset required to use the Magic Voice service?
No. Magic Voice is compatible on any mobile phone.
What if there is insufficient credit on my account when an attempt is being made to subscribe to the service?
If the subscription request fails due to insufficient credit, you will receive an SMS advising to top up and try subscribing again.
Will my subscription to the service auto-renew?
- Your Magic Voice subscription is valid for 24 hours. The service WILL auto renew once there is sufficient credit on your account.
- If you have insufficient credit on your account, auto renewal will fail. However the Magic Voice service will attempt to auto renew every 24 hours for 7 days after plan expiry.
- You may cancel the auto renewal retries after plan expiry by texting the word Stop to +1442.
- On each failed renewal attempt, you will be advised to top up for the service to auto renew.
How do I unsubscribe from the Magic Voice service?
You may unsubscribe at any time by texting the word “STOP” to +1442
Will I still be able to benefit from Free After 3 and other promotional offer while using the Magic Voice Service?
Yes. You will still be able to benefit from the Free After 3 and other promotional offers when using the Magic Voice Service.
Can I use bonus credit to make calls with the Magic Voice Service?
Yes. Calls made using the magic voice service will be deducted from your main balance or bonus credit, which is applicable.
Can users call friends in other countries with changed voices?
No. The Magic Voice Service is limited to local mobile numbers.